Thursday, September 01, 2005

Musings for the amused...

First off I would like to thank Matt McBryde for initiating this particular brand of blogness, and secondly I would also like to thank Mr. Al Gore for inventing the internet.

Random story time: So there I was, walking out of the reception hall before my sister-in-law's wedding, when I tripped on a gently slopeing porch that led straight into the parking lot. Confident that I could regain by balance, I attempted to get my legs under me by increasing my velocity, Unfortunately this only made things worse. My butt, shoulders, and head were all at the exact same height when I slammed headfirst into the door of my sister-in-law's SUV. At the time, my wife Terran and her oldest and very pregnant sister Tiffany were in the car looking on with amusement and curiosity. I popped right up off of the concrete and said, "That didn't hurt nearly as much as it looked like." They had a good laugh and told me that I had given them quit a scare, thinking that I had faked the whole thing. I saw the exact moment on Terran's face when her expression changed from bewilderment to horror as she saw my bloodied knees and the Scott-shaped hole in the side of her sister's car. Fortunately for me Tiffany chunked three aspirin and five Elmo Band-Aids my way before I could fully comprehend what had happened and we were on our way to the next stop on our wedding adventure.

The moral of the story is......uhm.......what was I saying?

-scott 8/30/2005

1 comment:

Matt McBryde said...

Hahahaha!

I love it!

M@